Thursday, January 1, 2015

"The Road Goes Ever On and On..."

Happy New Year's to all my dear readers!

2015 is not a year I have been looking forward to, primarily because of that monster of an exam, the United States Medical Licensing Exam Step 1 (known affectionately as just "Step 1" and in nightmares as "oh-my-god-oh-my-god-oh-my-god-step 1!!!!") occurring sometime around the mid-year.

This is probably the most important exam of my medical career, as it determines where I will match into residency after medical school. It requires a tremendous amount of preparation and discipline. I have sitting next to me a schedule for every single day of my life from January 1 - Step 1 Exam Date. Everything in my life in that 5-month time period - studying, church services, exercising, break times - is scheduled down to the hour. Gunner life.

So, the next five months will require the greatest amount of sacrifice I have ever been asked to make. I'm freaking out slightly even as I write this post.

Are there any other 2nd year Copts out there who would like to share their horror stories? Ideas for success? Prayers? Cries to the heavens for mercy? Share them in the comments below. And to all my other readers, please show your support with kind comments of encouragement and prayers for yours truly.

"It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step onto the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." I pray to God that I survive to see "white shores, and beyond, a far green country under a swift sunrise."

And may the Journey begin.

No comments:

Post a Comment